View Single Post
Old 06-10-2007, 06:22 PM   #1
Kuban
3" Exhaust

Kuban is on a distinguished road
Default WOW abrupt engine issues on new jasper.

Yea so i installed a new jasper longblock about 3600~ or so miles ago. Yesterday i did one full low boost pull (12psi) and i started smoking like crazy. Keep in mind i rebuilt my turbo like 3 days ago. I pulled over and checked it out. No oil leaks anywhere, but when i pulled the oil filler cap off, i had a little bit of combustion gas comming out of the pcv block tube. Not good. That right there is a for sure sign of blow by. How the hell does a brand new jasper engine help put together by a master toyo tech, completely properly broken in , have blow by? Im curious, cause this would be the second jasper engine i have had rings go on me within the last 4 months. Kinda pissin me off now. I dont think the turbo is what smoking due to the simple fact that theres blow by. If there was no blow by, then i would say its the turbo all day long.

I need input and recomdations please.

With the new jasper engine i was given a compete engine gasket set that we used to the fullest, new oil pump, and a procedure to flush out the oil cooler. So that system was checked, a checked,nd checked again.

p.s. after it started smoking the engine had a new tone to it. Sounds like a miss, also had obvious loss of power. I think i may have fouled a plug. But that doesnt cause blow by that im aware of
-greddy type S
-greddy profec b
-apexi ride high 7 way adjustables
-eibach springs
-slotted rotors
-mkIV TT rims (front)245/45/17 (rear)285/40/17
-targa
-greddy turbo timer
-egr eliminated
-3" turbo back, no cat, no resonator, Apexi N1 back.
-n/a cams

Theres others ill think of later.
Kuban is offline   Reply With Quote