View Single Post
Old 06-05-2007, 07:54 PM   #1
Feel-IX
Stock

Feel-IX is on a distinguished road
Default TT VS N/A? need your advices!

Hi guys! i'd like to have your advices about some things!

I've been saving a lot of money and I plan to get a Supra Mk4 next year, however i've got some problems...

I'm going to import a supra from japan since they cost about half of what i'd pay here in Canada.

Average prices for an imported Supra from japan to canada:
1993 Twin Turbo Manual: 20-25 000$
1993 Twin Turbo Automatic with the t-top: 16-17 000$
1993 N/A Manual: 10-12 000$
(if you wonder why a 1993, it's because a car needs to be at least 15 years old to be imported to canada, except if it's from the u.s)

Sadly..I don't have enough money for the manual TT...so i'll have to go with the tt automatic or the n/a manual...i've thought about two options so far:

#1. I get a TT automatic, and then I almost don't have any money left...however I have ~300 hp (JDM model) and the targa top which I really like, however the transmission is automatic..and it cost about 10 000$ to change it..

#2. I get a N/A manual, and I still got some $ left. I only have 220hp and a "poor" suspension/brakes, etc (all the parts that are different from the TT) however I could change those parts over time and put on a big single turbo in the future, which would build about ~400hp which is what i'm aiming for.
However i'd have a 5speeds transmission.instead of the 6speeds...dunno if it matters much?

so, what should I do?

thanks a LOT!
Feel-IX is offline   Reply With Quote