View Single Post
Old 06-03-2007, 09:12 PM   #17
mattfurlani
3" Exhaust

mattfurlani is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by finaltable
The 3.0 V-6 in the '07 Honda Accord make 244 HP, 211 ft-lbs of torque and gets 21/30 MPG. The 3.0 7M-GE makes 200 HP, ~190 ft-lbs of torque and does about 18/23 MPG. I understand that the 7M has a longer crankshaft being a straight engine instead of a V but this doesn't seem to me to be enough of a difference to make such a disparity between the two.

Can someone shed some light on this for me?

(I'd like to point out that I am aware there is a roughly two decade difference in the technology of these engines. Were we just that much less knowledgable about what could be done with an engine in 1987? It just seems to me that given that the Porsche 959 came out around that time we (as people in general) couldn't be THAT primitive compared to today.)
well you answered your question.. look at 1987 honda civic and how much power thaqt puts out. besides the super was designed to have potential. just like the 5.4 mustang has a hp potential of like 1500 whp...

i bet you the new supras have like an easy 450hp when/if they come out in '08