Thread: Please Help!!!
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2007, 08:46 PM   #1
scruffboy
walbro fp

scruffboy is on a distinguished road
Default Please Help!!!

I have seen this problem mentioned before by someone else on this forum, so I know I am not the only one to encounter it. I was changing my wires and plugs when I noticed the TPS was broken (the eliptical hole). I bought a new one and installed it, and got it to idle at 700 rpms. The problem is, when I attempt to drive it, the rpms go up to 4000, then drop down to idle speed, jerking me back and forth in the seat like a rag doll. I brought it to the mechanic, who was lined up to do some work for me anyway. He called me and said everything was ready and I could pick up the car. When I went to drive it away, it started doing the same thing, so I drove it right back to him. He is working on it now. What can possibly cause this? Can someone set me in the right direction.

Thanks,

Scruffboy

89 N/A Supra, 5 speed, TEMS, Moon Roof, all stock, Black with beautiful Burgundy interior, lots of new parts, oil changed every 3 months like clockwork.
scruffboy is offline   Reply With Quote