Thread: Head bolts
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2007, 02:33 AM   #13
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

EDIT: Cleaned up and removed most of the negative commentary. My apologies for lashing out.

Yep, full of all kinds of useful info. My car's market value has absolutely nothing to do with it's worth to ME.

EDIT2: I should rephrase this. The Toyota Service Tech's that I know couldn't find any update concerning the torque spec of the head bolts. This isn't just one dealership either, there are three where I've inquired about this. The only reason I give a rat's ass about this is because people taking their car to a Toyota service center for a headgasket may just assume this known issue is being taken into account, when it may very well not be.

Further more, the 7M block has plenty of potential. The only reason half of those that I've seen would classify as "junk" is because people keep cheeping out on them. I don't own a MKIII because I expect it to be fast or cheap. I own this car because I like it. If I want to "dump" a ton of cash into my car I will.

Advice is just like old cars, they are only worth what *you* get out of them.

If you're just getting defensive because I posted a TSRM link well I'm sorry, it wasn't just posted for your benefit.

Last edited by cre; 05-22-2007 at 05:39 PM.
cre is offline   Reply With Quote