Thread: Head bolts
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2007, 01:09 AM   #12
IHateHacks
20psi boost

IHateHacks is on a distinguished road

I SAID they reissued a new torque value and what I meant by "like the TSRM says" is to use motor oil.

I own the TSRM thank you very much. I'm talking about advanced mechanical dynamics here, obviously far beyond your scope of stock head bolt torque. The fact is that 72ft/lbs with motor oil would equal less with ARP moly lube. Thats what I was trying to tell you and I get, "the factory torque spec is 58ft/lbs". We all know that the factory 58ft/lbs is wrong, we don't need a link to the TSRM. I have connections with Toyota dealerships, I get 20% off anything I want along with factory trained technicians to tell me things any other mechanic wouldn't know about, like the reissued torque value.

I think its funny how all these people (sorry supramacist) with non turbo motors are replacing head gaskets with ARP hardware. Those cars should be in the scrapyard. The cost of repairing a head gasket on a non turbo supra far exceeds the value of the vehicle. Shit, even on a turbo motor you are closing in on the vehicles value. Besides, I don't know what you are trying to prove, a stock turbo supra is at best sub par so a non turbo supra is a joke. What a waste of time and money.....

Last edited by IHateHacks; 05-22-2007 at 01:45 AM.
IHateHacks is offline   Reply With Quote