View Single Post
Old 05-20-2007, 07:57 PM   #1
supradaddy0803
12psi boost

supradaddy0803 is on a distinguished road
Default 1JZ question for all you 1J guys

OK I got my JDM 1JZ cranked and running today to my dismay that it was running kinda like it has a vaccum leak. I ran it in the clip and it ran fine no miss now when you bring it a bit over idle it will load down like it is straining but when you bring the throttle up more then it seems to come out of it fine. I dont have the fan hooked up yet because I cant find the stupid thermistor in the bottom of the radiator so I can replace it mine was broke, so I cant run it for very long before I need to cool it off. I just put a fan on it and let it cool down after I run it a bit. Basically what I am asking is I need to know how everyone routed their vaccum hoses and if you put in a aftermarket boost gauge where do I need to pipe it in. Also the reason why I think it has a vaccum leak is when you idle it up the whole motor vibrates a bit enough to shake the car. I just replaced the motor mounts so it isn't that. Also I broke the little black and white one way valve that goes to the sequental valve and replaced it with one of the smaller ones from my other motor. Dont know if that will cause a problem since with or without it there is no change.
Tokico pillow blocks
Suspension Techniques front and rear sway bar
HKS super dragger cat-back exhaust plus test pipe
Greddy Profec B spec 2 boost controller
HKS type 1 turbo timer
Supra sport solid steel drive shaft
Walboro 255 fuel pump
JZA70 Front end mod
18" Volk Racing AV3 18x8.5 front 18x9.5 rear
supradaddy0803 is offline   Reply With Quote