View Single Post
Old 05-19-2007, 09:20 PM   #3
mrnickleye
1000whp postwhore

mrnickleye is on a distinguished road
Wink Try this

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidsusukigsxr
Can anyone tell me where is there a trusthworthy and knowledgable mechanic in Orlando florida?
It's me, here in Lancaster, Ca. (although 10 years ago I lived in Cocoa Beach for 6yrs).

Problem with supras is that there aren't many that know how to work on them. NOT even at the Toyota dealer. They are too old now, and nothing like the front wheel drive cars.

Here's a tip. Years ago, when I was going to FSU in Tallahassee, I also worked at "THE" best foreign car repair shop. I drove (and autocrossed with the SCCA) A 1969 Datsun Roadster 1600. It looked like new.

The owner of the shop had one too, also new looking. During work, we parked them out on the corner, near the street.

Everyone saw them, and stopped to look and talk. Soon, everyone that owned one brought them to us for repairs, and tricking out.

I did the same thing a few years later, here in Lancaster, with the Triumph Spitfire I drove. Next thing I knew, I had lots of business from people that owned them.

So....keep your eye out when you are driving in town for any supras you see, and perhaps they are at a shop. Or stop and ask the owner where they get work done.