View Single Post
Old 05-17-2007, 01:35 AM   #55
IHateHacks
20psi boost

IHateHacks is on a distinguished road

Oh MY god.....

First of all, yes you can buy new injector insulators (black rubber things that seal the injector to the cylinder head), grommets (the black rubber things that rest on the fuel rail) and the o-rings (the o-rings that seal the injector to the fuel rail) from the dealer, they are dealer only parts and are very cheap. You must replace the insulators and o-rings, the grommets don't seal anything so you don't have to replace them, I did because they were like $1 each.

Yep that gear thing that is on a "slide" is your Cam Position Sensor. It is the turbo's version of a distributor. Most new imports come with CPS's nowadays (turbo or non-turbo) so for an 87 to have one, it was state of the art back then. Anyways, again, the TSRM tells you how to install it correctly. I can break it down in a detailed post if the TSRM confuses you. You must replace the o-ring on the CPS, only $5 from the dealer, its a dealer only part.

As far as K&N being the best intake, that is incorrect. HKS makes a higher flowing air filter than a K&N, and doesn't use oil which can fuck up your MAF. I'm useing the Blitz SUS stainless steel intake, which is the best intake on the market for a turbo MK3 supra. It features a 200 micron stainless steel filter with a 150 micron snout. You wanna talk about loud? And supramacist has a non-turbo so any intake for a turbo will not fit on a non-turbo because they use different MAF's.
IHateHacks is offline   Reply With Quote