Thread: Water Pump!!!
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2007, 07:37 PM   #6
IHateHacks
20psi boost

IHateHacks is on a distinguished road

After 5 hours of elbow grease she looks good enough for the install.

I found out that the water pump was replaced by some previous owner, that would explain why the bolts were loose, that and one part of the sealing surface has a nice big gash from probably a screwdriver when the idiot was trying to get the gasket off. Its up near the top most stud so it won't affect the seal but it just amazes me how stupid most people are. To top it off the work was probably done at a dealer because the guy I bought it from hardly knew how to open the hood.

Yeah MK3 supras aren't known for their dependability. Just to put it in perspective, I own a 94 Grand Am, 3.1L V6 with 162K miles on it, daily driven mostly by my mom. This thing has the stock water pump with 162K miles and the last time I changed the coolant the fuckin shit was BLACK, yep Black coolant, fuckin thing runs like a champ and not a single coolant leak, doesn't use coolant and the water pump is mint. Yet heres an 87 supra with 122K miles, coolant was always nice and green even when I bought it, I flushed the coolant about a dozen times and the water pump gasket fails. Good job TOYODA
IHateHacks is offline   Reply With Quote