Thread: Water Pump!!!
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2007, 04:22 PM   #4
IHateHacks
20psi boost

IHateHacks is on a distinguished road

I'm replacing the ps and waterpump belts anyways. I just hope coolant didn't get inside the lower timing belt cover because when I took the pump off, coolant gushed everywhere (yes I drained the radiator before I took the pump off). So much for my nice new timing belt....

Water pump with a gasket for an 87 turbo supra is $99.99 at the dealer. With my 20% discount I paid a whopping $79 for it. I was thinking more like $150 or $200.

Thank god for 3m scotch brite very fine grit pads, I don't know how I would have gotten the stuck on gasket material off the soft aluminum inner timing belt case. That and gasket remover spray, which says to let it sit for 10 minutes but in reality its gotta sit overnight for it to be of any use. I used the same shit for my intake manifold gaskets when I did my head gasket. God damn black shitty stock toyota gaskets, they used the same gasket material for the intake manifold gaskets, EGR valve gasket, water outlet housing gasket and now the water pump gasket. That shit imbeds itself into aluminum and its such a bitch to get off.
IHateHacks is offline   Reply With Quote