Thread: Drift project
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2007, 10:48 AM   #1
Sonic
Stock

Sonic is on a distinguished road
Talking Drift project

Hi guys , and ladies....

i feel like a kid that's just had his first McDonald's playground experience, i just bought a 2.5 twin turbo mk3 . the engine is sound but the car has a bit of work .

1 I'm building a drift car out of it and will have to import a lot parts for the car cause the car was never build or imported in south Africa. my first obstacle is to find out what year model it is the label on the drivers side panel was removed they tried to sell it to me as a 98 model but don't worry i got a good price for it , i check the frame and shasi code and it looks like it is a 91 model .....is that the way to go by, does the models really differ from 89-92 ? or am i missing the plot lol ...

2on the drifting side I'm doing a lot of research on suspensions but please i'm not an expert , any wisdom is welcome

3. i must presume the car wasn't taken care of and just want to give it a proper service , like timing belt ext. any important aria you would normally disregard , please let me know .

this is gonna be a long project i know , but from my side , i will definitely give you feedback. whe are currently building a drift track at our resort http://www.klipbokkop.co.za and will start a drifting academy as well .

I am a newbie and all the advice I can get to point me in the right direction will be much appreciated

Sonic
Sonic is offline   Reply With Quote