View Single Post
Old 05-05-2007, 02:14 AM   #38
IHateHacks
20psi boost

IHateHacks is on a distinguished road

You said the mating surfaces are "better than brand new" yet you still have to get the gasket material off the block?

My friend, you have alot of work to do. How, may I ask, were you planning on removing the gasket material from the block surface?

Can you post a pic of your block surface?

A full 3" exhaust with no cats, including replacing or gutting the turbo elbow will net you 30whp on a turbo MK3.

Depending on what mods you have done, you can gain anywhere from 6-10hp per psi of boost you run, but you can't just keep uping the boost and expecting 10hp per psi with out the proper supporting mods like fuel pump, injectors, exhaust, etc.

You can't just slap on a metal head gasket with out AT LEAST hand lapping the block. Even then, you are rolling the dice. Only way I would put a metal head gasket on my supra is if I sent the block to a machine shop. Trust me, ddmcse told me ALL about how he thought he did a good job hand lapping and ended up doing the head gasket all over again.

But if you are hell bent on using a metal head gasket without machining the block, then I guess nothing we say can stop you.
IHateHacks is offline   Reply With Quote