View Single Post
Old 05-01-2007, 11:47 PM   #1
Z'mnypit
3" Exhaust

Z'mnypit is on a distinguished road
Default Car runs like crap, spits, sputters etc! HELP

Ok, a little backgound on the car. I bought it with a BHG. got that fixed and ran good for a couple days then I washed under the hood with some greasedlighting to clean it up a bit. Well needless to say that was a bad idea. Everysince then its ran like pure crap. Spits, sputter,no power, backfiring idles fine, want rev past 2500rpm even when it does rev that high its all it will do to get there. I have one SES code being 31 for the MAF. Im pretty sure that isnt the problem though beings the code was there the couple days it ran good.

Ive swapped out all plugs with new ones, changed air filter, cleaned all electrical plugs with start fluid and still runs like crap. Timing is right at 10-12* everything is lined up right. Then again it ran fine for two days with nothing being changed other then washing under the hood.

Yesterday, I found a vacuum leak right at the TB where it bolts up to the intake. Replaced that and the fuel filter today and still runs like crap. Im all out of ideas and cant think of anything else to try since Im new to these cars.

The car is an 87, 5spd, turbo.

Any suggestions?

-2005 Silverado Crew Cab 5.3L (Towing), Silverbirch, Hooker Aero Chamber, blacked out windows, sittin on 22's

- Two 87 turbo'd/targa top'd supras (*Under Construction*)
Z'mnypit is offline   Reply With Quote