View Single Post
Old 05-01-2007, 12:57 PM   #25
Z'mnypit
3" Exhaust

Z'mnypit is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHateHacks
I just took it for granted that you didn't have any vacuum leaks.

A vacuum leak after the MAF will cause a check engine light (for the MAF) and will also cause a lean condition which will cause that pinging sound you hear.

I think the TB gasket will fix your problem.
I did to until I could hear a small hiss under the hood. So I broke out the starting fluid and started spraying around where everywhere something meets up. And sure enough, I spray it around the TB and the car tries to die. So bingo, found a vacuum leak. I should know this afternoon whether or not it does fix it. Right now it seems to start and idle fine, a little hesitant when you give it gas but will not rev past 2500rpm. Its like its hitting the fuel cutoff. But I wonder why it would run fine for a whole day then i wash under the hood and it all of a sudden gets a vacuum leak. Its crazy!

I also took the cat off and gutted it. So maybe that will help a bit. I also plan on swapping out the fuel filter today to.

-2005 Silverado Crew Cab 5.3L (Towing), Silverbirch, Hooker Aero Chamber, blacked out windows, sittin on 22's

- Two 87 turbo'd/targa top'd supras (*Under Construction*)

Last edited by Z'mnypit; 05-01-2007 at 03:16 PM.
Z'mnypit is offline   Reply With Quote