View Single Post
Old 04-30-2007, 02:36 PM   #22
Z'mnypit
3" Exhaust

Z'mnypit is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHateHacks
Yep, these cars will suck you dry and keep asking for more. Why do you think they are so rare? It's because people just get fed up with them and junk 'em. It takes alot of patience and knowledge to put up with a MK3 supra. You must have a passion for them, or its just not going to work out, kinda like a relationship

You should test the resistance of the MAF. Take the MAF off the intake piping. Now, looking at the terminals with the MAF upright (rectangular air box side to the left, circular turbo side to the right) the terminals are labeled from left to right E1, Vc, Ks, THA, E2. Heres the chart from the TSRM:

Ks -> E1 should have infinite resistance.
E1 -> Ks should be between 5-10K ohms.
Vc -> E1 should be between 10-15K ohms.
E1 -> Vc should be between 5-10K ohms.
THA -> E2 is ambient temperature dependant.
At 32F resistance should be 4-7K ohms.
At 68F resistance should be 2-3K ohms.
At 104F resistance should be .9-1.3K ohms.
Basically the resistance should fall as the temperature increases.

Now gut that cat or buy a test pipe and see what happens. And I was just busting your balls about the rod knock, it really sounds like preignition to me, have you been running 93 octane or 87?
Thanks man! Sounds like you really know your stuff when it comes to these cars.

Ill test it this afternoon and see whats up.

Its got 87 in it. Also Im sure the old gas from it sitting up doenst help at all. I put some 105 octane booster in it to try and help it some.

Lol, Im still going to start building the other that way im not in a rush. It does sound like some knock or somehting is loose, doesnt sound like a rod bearing.

-2005 Silverado Crew Cab 5.3L (Towing), Silverbirch, Hooker Aero Chamber, blacked out windows, sittin on 22's

- Two 87 turbo'd/targa top'd supras (*Under Construction*)
Z'mnypit is offline   Reply With Quote