View Single Post
Old 04-24-2007, 12:36 PM   #7
Z'mnypit
3" Exhaust

Z'mnypit is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHateHacks
You said in your first post that the previous owner had a shop replace the HG, so that means they torqued the bolts to 58ft/lbs. Even if they did use new dealer head bolts, at 58ft/lbs they will stretch. Because it happened so soon after the first gasket was replaced I'd bet they reused the head bolts. That head gasket didn't blow, it was undertorqued and allowed coolant to flow over/under the gasket. Thats why you can't find the defect in it. It happens to 99% of MK3 supras, head gasket didn't blow out, the head bolts were stretched and allowed coolant to flow over/under it. The other 1% have the actually blown out gasket.

By the way I love your avatar.
Thats what Im thinking... Found lots of good news yesterday. The odometer says 199,XXXmi. Well the previous owner had the paperwork from everytime the car had been serviced all the way back to 97. In 1999 toyota rebuilt the entire motor, and the odometer reading on the form says 115,631. So that means this motor only has a little over 80,000mi on it.

Anyways back on subject new gasket kit and ARP studs should be here wed and Ill get back on it and have it back running by the weekend. Hopefully!

lol, at the avatar. My sig, avatar and all I have over on LS1tech so I just copied and pasted everything over here.

-2005 Silverado Crew Cab 5.3L (Towing), Silverbirch, Hooker Aero Chamber, blacked out windows, sittin on 22's

- Two 87 turbo'd/targa top'd supras (*Under Construction*)
Z'mnypit is offline   Reply With Quote