View Single Post
Old 04-23-2007, 06:11 PM   #5
Z'mnypit
3" Exhaust

Z'mnypit is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHateHacks
How do the head bolt threads in the block look? Lots of junk/grime? Nice and clean?

What kind of head gasket did you pull off that engine, a metal or stock one?

What kind of head bolts, stock 10mm allen head or 12point ARP's?

Your rod bearings took a beating with all that coolant in the crankcase, I hope it wasn't ran like that for very long.
Bolt holes look clean, they do have some coolant in them from when I pulled the head. Im going to run a tap through them to clean all the debris out.

It was a stock gasket that was pulled off. I can post pics if needed. I looked and looked over it and I couldnt ever find where it would be messed up.

It was the stock 10mm allen head bolts. It kinda looked as if they were reused after the swap. Cant verify that though.

Yeah I knew the bearings had it rough, Im going to run some oil through it, change it then keep and eye on it. I think they will be fine. If not I already have a 7mgte motor with 84,000 on it I can swap out if needed. Gona run this one till it dies.

I ordered a headgasket kit, and arp studs today so hopefully this weekend I can get it back together and hope for the best. Im not even going to bother with having the head done. Ill clean it up with brake kleen then get all the gasket off of it then check it with a straight edge.

-2005 Silverado Crew Cab 5.3L (Towing), Silverbirch, Hooker Aero Chamber, blacked out windows, sittin on 22's

- Two 87 turbo'd/targa top'd supras (*Under Construction*)
Z'mnypit is offline   Reply With Quote