View Single Post
Old 04-23-2007, 02:46 PM   #3
Z'mnypit
3" Exhaust

Z'mnypit is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by OfnaRcR
If they were as easy to get off as you said and there are no signs of BHG on the head/gasket then i would just go ahead and buy a new HG and possibly bolts and give her another go.
If you wanted to play it safe just get the head milled and throw on a new gasket and ARP's.
How long did it sit with BHG?
Oh I promise you they were that loose. I wish I woulda thought about getting my TQ wrench out and seeing what they were. Where the turbo mounts to the manifold were twice as tight as the head bolt. I hate to have it milled down again if its already been done. The cams and all are still silver so its obvious it was cleaned and checked. I guess im going to check everything with a straight edge then clean the block and head real good and like you said give it another shot.

The car sat for almost a year with the BHG. Not moved, not started until last saturday.

-2005 Silverado Crew Cab 5.3L (Towing), Silverbirch, Hooker Aero Chamber, blacked out windows, sittin on 22's

- Two 87 turbo'd/targa top'd supras (*Under Construction*)
Z'mnypit is offline   Reply With Quote