View Single Post
Old 04-23-2007, 01:26 PM   #1
Z'mnypit
3" Exhaust

Z'mnypit is on a distinguished road
Default Water in Oil???? HG???

I recently picked up two 87 tubro supras. One of them runs but supposedly had a blown headgasket. The previous owner said they HG blew and he paid a shop to replace it. He drove the car for a week then he said the HG blew again. So he just parked the car and havent touched it since. Well I bought them and satuday, I charged the battery, started it up and it had a rough idle for a sec then it would idle around 3000rpm. It was smoking white from the exhaust, and smelt like burnt coolant and oil so I assumed it was the HG. Pulled the head sat and the gasket nor the heads show signs of a BHG. Drained the oil and it looked like a yoohoo. It was real milky, so I know coolant was getting in the oil somehow. Which is what scares me. Now, when I went to reomve the head bolts only about two of them were some what tight to where I had to actually use a little effort to break them loose. The rest were really easy to loosin. Does this sound like the problem? Or should I be concerned about the block being cracked?

Also since the head was already worked and the car only lasted a week would ya'll have it rechecked?

Thanks!

-2005 Silverado Crew Cab 5.3L (Towing), Silverbirch, Hooker Aero Chamber, blacked out windows, sittin on 22's

- Two 87 turbo'd/targa top'd supras (*Under Construction*)
Z'mnypit is offline   Reply With Quote