View Single Post
Old 04-22-2007, 02:47 PM   #4
pwpanas
Supra Owner

pwpanas is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPDsupra
thanx but i know the thing about width and traction and how skinny tires can make you slow but i was just wonderin what were the most lightweigt rims
Fwiw, I've heard that magnesium wheels are among the lightest, although generally not ideal for street use. Apparently the magnesium alloy, although very light, also tends to be brittle and will (for example) break/crack rather than bend if you hit a pothole too hard.
http://www.buywheelstoday.com/images_products/1279.jpg

Unfortunately, I doubt that these Enkei magnesium rims (or any ultra-light magnesium rims) are available in the correct width/offset combo for the jza80 chassis.

Update: I've heard that Forgeline and iForged also have ultralightweight magnesium rims. Since I know Forgeline does make an 11.5" wide rim, this might be an optimal choice for overall performance (if their magnesium alloy rim is available in that width).

NB: Please consider posting any help requests in a new thread instead of asking me for help privately. About 99.9+% of the time, private help requests end up covering great information that could be very valuable to other forum members. If you have a good reason for needing the help request to be private, I'll consider it. If not, then why not give everyone else the opportunity to pitch in too, and/or learn from the information? Remember, there's no such thing as a dumb question. We're all here to help within this family of Supra owners.

Last edited by pwpanas; 04-24-2007 at 03:03 AM.
pwpanas is offline   Reply With Quote