View Single Post
Old 04-20-2007, 04:34 AM   #1
catawalks
Stock

catawalks is on a distinguished road
Default Hood release cable

Ok, so here is the deal. I went to my local junkyard recently to look for a new bumper for my del sol. While I was there looking at the del sol I noticed a 1986 Supra chilling behind it. I go over and look at it and from what I could see while standing there in the mud, the car looked like it was in decent shape. I went to go look under the hood, but the hood release lever was pulled out and the cable was still attached to it...but it wouldn't go back in. I got out and looked at the hood and tried to lift it but it seemed like it was still latched down. ( plus I couldn't really fit my fat fingers between the bumper and the hood) Anyways, I was just wondering if there was an emergency latch release located in the grill or anything? Or does anyone know any other way to bypass that and get it open without causing any damage.

idk if i'm allowed to post pics or not so i'll just post links.

The junkyard has recently come under new ownership, so the current owner has no idea why the car is there. I talked to a couple of the other employees who have been there throughout and they said that the car still runs and they have the title. Other than that I haven't gotten much out of it. It's been too wet and muddy to even try to move it. The new owner is a very nice guy and he is very easy to get along with. So after some joking around and talking with him I decided to ask him about the price of the car. After a little thought he said I could have it for $1000. Once the water dries up a bit and I can get a better look at it and maybe take it for a little test drive around the yard I'll have a better idea about it. But as for now, getting the hood open is just about the most important thing.

Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated. Good catch or dead fish?
catawalks is offline   Reply With Quote