View Single Post
Old 04-20-2007, 02:09 AM   #3
Monkey
3" Exhaust

Monkey is on a distinguished road

The whole reason why i posted this thread is because it seems like a LOT of people are having problems with "gurgling" coming from their dash, which others have indicated as air trapped in the heater core. If this is true, my method would remedy that, because it works for ANY coolant system, EXCEPT the ones with a screw on type radiator fill bottle, like the newer Fords and Chevy's. My kit attatches to the top of the radiator on the fill neck. You fill it full of coolant until it's about a third of the way full in the funnel, and let it sit and gravity force air out of the block and coolant circulating system. Then , when it seems that there isn't any more bubbling air coming out, you crank up the car and turn on the defroster. When the air coming out of the dash vent is warm/hot, you know that the thermostat has opened and allowed all of the air to escape and coolant to fill the heater core. It's also a good indication when the level of the coolant drops in the fill funnel, as well. I just hate to see people get frustrated at doing such a simple task as bleeding the air out of the coolant system.
Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote