View Single Post
Old 04-19-2007, 03:47 AM   #1
Monkey
3" Exhaust

Monkey is on a distinguished road
Default One more time, my air removal method.

I'm going to tell all of you who have problems with purging the air out of your coolant system after replacing the radiator or hoses or heater core one more time. Please pay attention. Go and get yourself a radiator fiill funnel kit. It attatches to the radiator fill port and when you fill it up with your 50/50 mix, it forces the air out of the system. Why, you say? Because water is heavier than air, therefore, it forces the air out of the system. For those of you with the gurgling sound inside coming from your heater core. This will fix that. I do this stuff on a daily basis. I'm not just talking out of my arse. You don't need to do a bunch of crazy home remedies or put the car up onto ramps to get the air out. Once most of the air has escaped from the system by way of the water pressuring it out, you can then crank your car up and turn the defroster on high so you know when the thermostat has opened up and allowed the warm coolant to circulate through the heater core. It's really simple to do. Doesn't take any rocket science to understand. I'm sorry if i seem condescending about this, but apparantley noone has taken my advice, and i haven't been on this forum in a while, and noticed like three threads about air in the system, or gurgling sound coming from the dash. I replace heater cores and radiators on an almost daily basis because people don't do proper preventative maintenance on their vehicles. That's why i will always have a job. Gotta love job security. In fact, i just took apart a 2001 Ford Expedition dash for a heater core, in about two hours. You have to remove the center console, and i've never done an Expedition before. The job calls for 8 hours, and i pulled the console and dash in two. Guess what? That means that it'll go back together in about two, give or take. I just knocked the job out in half the time it's required. Damn, i love air tools and experience.
Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote