View Single Post
Old 04-17-2007, 01:03 PM   #9
IHateHacks
20psi boost

IHateHacks is on a distinguished road

If you read the first post, I said there are no plug well seals on a 7M. Go look at any other OHC engine and you will see that the spark plug wires go through the valve cover. Those are where plug seals are. Do our plug wires go through the valve covers? No? Then we don't have spark plug well seals. That black thing is your No.3 cylinder head cover AND gasket. Its a one piece combination cover and gasket. See the picture in the first post? See the yellow circles? Those 4, 14mm allen head bolts are what holds the No.3 cylinder head cover in place. They thread into the oil gallery. That is where the oil comes from. Those 4, 14mm allen head bolts are where the oil comes from. Should I repeat it 3 times like they do in commercials? I don't care how you do it, you can RTV your stock No.3 cylinder head cover like some cheapskates do, or you can throw your No.3 cylinder head cover in the garbage and use oversized drain plug gaskets like I did, or you can go get ripped off at the dealer for a new No.3 cylinder head cover.

I guess I should have warned you guys in the first post, you must have some kind of mechanical knowledge to do what I did, because obviously people are still confused as to what I'm talking about, even with pictures. I bet if I showed you in person, you still would not comprehend. I guess thats why Toyota designed the head like this, to confuse people and make them bring their cars to the dealer. Job security.

Last edited by IHateHacks; 04-17-2007 at 01:06 PM.
IHateHacks is offline   Reply With Quote