View Single Post
Old 04-12-2007, 03:08 AM   #63
dcrusupra
500whp yet?

dcrusupra is on a distinguished road

Car is officially on the road now. I got it on the road on the 7th. It has a couple of vacuum leaks and it's throwing a code 14. So i need to fix that. It idles a little rough but thats ok it stays running. I've driven a little over 200 miles now on the new engine. I've loved every minute of it.

The first day I drove it, I had the wastegate shimmed to 10-11 psi. It ended up blowing up the coupler between the 3000 pipe and the TB. Which turned it into a boost leak. It felt like what some people on here described as fuel cut so I took out the shims to put it at stock boost. It still did it, so I retightened my intercooler pipes and still had the same problem. So I stepped back to look at the whole engine and i noticed the coupler was split all the way down the side. So I cut up a foxbody mustang's accordian hose and I'm using that for now. I'm about to order a new coupler.

I switched out the steering wheel to an 89 (which is much more comfortable than the 86-88) along with 89+ taillights. I only have a pic of the taillights right now. I've also replaced the spark plugs which I gapped to .32 and I replaced the spark plug wires.

Before

During

After

I'll have pics of the steering wheel tomorrow. I'm thinking about buying some sound deadening material. I'm not worried about weight so it doesn't matter how much weight it adds. Once I get the sound deadening material, i'll start to redo my interior. I'm also getting the drivers side window motor fixed on Saturday. It was a bitch to pull out so I'm using a hook up and having someone at a dealership to do it for free. :biglaugh: