Thread: new motor
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2007, 12:07 AM   #9
dcrusupra
500whp yet?

dcrusupra is on a distinguished road

Ok good, the headgasket question was pretty much a trick question, lol. Most people already have the size in mind without sending the head and block off to the machine shop to see how much they need to cut off the head and block.

Whats the reason for going with twin turbos? I've always known that one big turbo will beat 2 smaller ones. That's why it's a common upgrade with the 2js. I know it has cool factor but it's not necessary and more money will go into it.

Good choice for a wastegate. But then you need to decide on what size spring for it.

As for the BOV you might need 2 of them. I went with TiAL because it's good now for stock boost and I can use it later for my higher boost. Higher boost as in 25-35 lbs.

Good choice for exhaust.

If your goal is only around 600HP, 680cc injectors will be fine, thats what I'm going with. I'm also going with the LIPP high flow fuel rail instead of the dual feed.

I will be using the Aeromotive A1000 fuel pump to save me from having 2 pumps.

You should look into getting sway bars also. And don't buy the aluminum LIPP traction arms, a few people have reported them breaking. Instead get the stainless steel ones.

The rest is fine, but keep the crank pulley. The unorthodox crank pulley isnt harmonically balanced for 7M engines.