View Single Post
Old 04-05-2007, 05:08 PM   #146
IHateHacks
20psi boost

IHateHacks is on a distinguished road

Just found out that side view mirror glass is discontinued from the dealer. They had the balls to take my money and wait a day just so they can tell me that.

I was worried that the O2 didn't come with a new gasket, and for $170 it better. It did and I was happy.

Well seeing that my previous O2 had a yellow connector and this one has a grey (89+) I am assuming that my yellow one was the factory O2 sensor. Suppost to change those every 50K miles on a MK3 supra. I can't believe mine still worked with 120K on it.

Engine Coolant Temperature sensor looked ok. But first off, it didn't come with a new copper sealing washer (same part # as the turbo oil feed line washers, fuel rail feed line washers and CSI line to fuel rail washers) so I was pissed and had to reuse the old one, which worked out fine. And second with it fully installed and torqued the sensor was "upside down". Meaning the harness had to be 180 degrees to where it sat for 20 years, just to slide on the sensor. If anyone has every messed with their ECT they know that the harness is not flexible at all. But I made it happen, and it worked out just fine.

I did all of this so there would be no doubt about passing emissions (I'm up for it in May). I cleaned out the EGR passages during the rebuild so that is not going to be an issue either. Not to mention the improved gas mileage/performance I'm going to see. Then after I pass emissions, I'm buying a full 3" HKS exhaust (including HKS downpipe) with test pipe.

I'm going to replace the CSI time switch sometime this month so we'll see what happens.
IHateHacks is offline   Reply With Quote