View Single Post
Old 04-04-2007, 03:25 AM   #2
SupraMan1784
SP58GT

SupraMan1784 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuan01
hey guys, i'm new to this forum. thought it'd be a good idea to find out some stuff before i buy my car.

i'm looking to buy a Supra MKIV, maybe 1995 model. My problem is, would it be better to buy the RZ and change the turbos, or to buy a SZ and put in turbos. other than the obvious power difference between the two, and the fact that the RZ is a 6-speed, i'm not really sure if there are any other differences that would matter. any advice would be great.

also, i'm lookin at spending maybe $20k on mods after i've bought the car. any tips on what mods would optimize my car's performance and handling? (i dont want the car to be any more powerful than 500HP). thanks

P.S. i'm quite new to cars and modifications, so go easy on all the tech terms
you might wanna consider the money situation at hand as well, if you have more money to spend and you find a nice, clean SE that you wanna turbo, its gonna cost you a lot more to do the modifications than if you wanted to put in larger turbos on an alrdy turboed 2jz, start with the basics, a full exhaust system that frees up the flow of the motor including intake and maybe a new header brings out significant hp on a turbo supra...dont remember but i think it was 80 last time i checked, thats the easiest way to get more power, you can achieve 500hp without upgrading the turbos, and the stock end is pretty much unbreakable, as for handling id go with a set of fully adjustable coilovers, theres a lot of aftermarket support and lot of good deals you can get for supra parts
421whp 400(399) ft*lbs of torque on tap @ 15 psi

"Always outnumbered, never outgunned."
SupraMan1784 is offline   Reply With Quote