View Single Post
Old 04-02-2007, 12:30 PM   #3
ethan12510
3" Exhaust

ethan12510 is on a distinguished road
Angry Im an idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcrusupra
Who said the crankshaft is bad? And what happened to the engine? I'm not sure how much they are but if you need a new crankshaft, get one from a 92 supra. They are balanced better. The crankshafts in the earlier supras are 6m cranks and the later ones are 7m cranks. Cylinders 2 and 5 have weights on them in the newer ones.
Well i had the car deliverd to me on March 23rd and when i mean deliverd i mean the dealer drove it 236 miles to me. I dont belive they changed the oil or put more in. Becuse last friday march 30th the crankshaft and rods where damaged. My friends step father is a toyota master mech. And he looked at it and told me that i need a new crank shaft and rods. and that like nothing was hooked up right thats why now warning lights came on. And i had the totaly wrong o2 sensor in there and thats why i had the problem with getting it off or pluging it in. I know im a idiot for not checking the oil but i assumed that when you are going to sell a car to some one and drive it over 200 miles that you just might put oil in. The worst part was that i was planning on getting the oil changed today. This all sucks and looks like it is going to cost me like 2000 dollars. I dont know if im going to get a jdm engine or fix the proplems with my currnet car. I founda jdm one for 800. So i dont know but i would like some insight on this. thanks
ethan12510 is offline   Reply With Quote