View Single Post
Old 03-26-2007, 11:56 PM   #6
Kuban
3" Exhaust

Kuban is on a distinguished road

Well update! i was on way home from work today and i live about 20 miles from home. I was on the freeway about half way home and i looked behind me! Well the street was filled with coolant. So i pulled over as soon as i hit the next exit. By that time the needle was pinned above H. I parked, opened the hood. One of the upper heater core lines blew. So i tried pooring coolant in, but it was soooo hot it boiled right back out of the car. Sooo i waited a while, fixed the line, then filled it with coolant. Drove it home, and about a mile from home i gave it a little to see if i blew the hg. You know spool a bit to see if the temp rises. But no everything was good. Temp normal, everything normal. Until the second time i did it and my turbo sounded like a supercharger......

Im assuming when the car overheated and i was driving for those 2 miles or so, the turbo overheated and burned up the bearings. So when ever it starts to spool, it makes a crazy grinding noise. And smokes likes a bitch!
My assumption was the turbo bearings shot.

Could this have been my problem all along? Could the turbos bearings have been bad all along? Causing me to periodically burn oil? And some how cause my pcv to recirc bunk ass oil.
Kuban is offline   Reply With Quote