View Single Post
Old 03-19-2007, 02:55 PM   #6
IHateHacks
20psi boost

IHateHacks is on a distinguished road

The main factor in determining your insurance premium is your age, followed by your driving record. You can have a spotless driving record but if you are a male under the age of 25, you are considered high risk by insurance companys and will be charged accordingly.

I have an 87 turbo, I'm 23 and the car is owned, registered and insured in my name. I'm paying $650 every 6 months for just liability coverage.

Edit: Just my opinion, but that car is not worth $5K. And contrary to what the ad says, its not "all there", its missing the coil pack cover that says "twin cam 24v turbo" and thats just what I can see from the pic. Plus it needs an O2 sensor (about $100+ from the dealer) PS hose (about $60 from dealer) and "exhaust pipe" that could mean anything from the downpipe to the cat to the cat back. Exhaust systems are not cheap for these cars. The only thing good about it is the miles, but mileage really doesn't mean crap. Just to put it in perspective, I paid $2500 for my turbo 5spd with 120K that needed work. Don't forget that every single MK3 supra will have their head gasket fail, its not IF its WHEN. I'd only pay 5 grand for a MK3 supra if it was pristine and had the head gasket done with reciepts.

Last edited by IHateHacks; 03-19-2007 at 03:06 PM.
IHateHacks is offline   Reply With Quote