View Single Post
Old 03-16-2007, 09:18 AM   #15
Kuban
3" Exhaust

Kuban is on a distinguished road

The oil pump seal went in most of the way by hand, and the rest of the way i just tapped in with the butt of a screwdriver. That seal also came pre-greased. The front main didnt, so i need to pick up some mp grease and while im at the store i mine as well get something the same diameter as the front main to make installing less aggrivating and more successfull. After that its just reassembly, which im assuming will go together alot quicker then removal, especially with all the pulley trouble i had. Im going to try and smooth out the end of the crank a bit to make install a bit easier. When i pulled off the pulley some of it didnt go with the pulley, it decided to stick to the surface of the crank .

I also purchased a turbo gasket set, and a exhaust manifold gastket. Once i run the engine with the new seals and see if my oil leak is gone, ill put the gasket set in because i noticed my exhaust manifold is leaking a bit, thus my boost(spooling) leak i was looking for. Alot of trouble iv been having with a engine that was just rebuilt by jasper about 30k miles ago. I didnt know the 30k mile warrenty they gave me meant "Hey we will cover you for 30k miles but after that its guarenteed to FUCK UP".
Kuban is offline   Reply With Quote