View Single Post
Old 03-15-2007, 11:24 AM   #16
pwpanas
Supra Owner

pwpanas is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhisPer
...I just recently blew an engine on a car and I do not EVER want this too happen again so I will be extra careful whenever I get a supra for example, If the stock fuel system can handle 500rwhp I will only take it up to 450rwp just to be extra careful...
Good plan!

Quote:
...I do not ever want to deal with any blown parts again my current car has had enough for a life time, blowen wastegate gaskets, valve cover gasket and cracked piston sleeve . So maybe this can help you too help me to ultimetly determine what upgrade path I need to go for...
You picked a great platform with the Mkiv Supra Turbo. It's 2jz-gte engine is an absolute rock, with proper tuning and sufficient octane to match the boost level. The record rwhp for the oem shortblock, bone-stock, is over 1000rwhp (that's almost 1200hp at the crank)! In other words, if you follow the rules (i.e. if you don't ever run medium-high or high boost on pump gas), it's actually pretty unlikely that you'll ever blow up your 2jz-gte.

Quote:
...Also would a 75 or 100shot of nitrous be a good idea? ...
In general, yes...especially for drag racing.

Quote:
...because nitrous kits are so freaking cheap for the amount of hp you get, thanks.
I wouldn't do nitrous just because it's cheap...because if you do nitrous properly, it's actually not that cheap. When you price in the cost of a wet kit (not dry), automatic electronic rpm limits, purge kit, separate test switches for your fuel solenoids, in-dash electronic nitrous pressure gauge, bottle blanket, plus proper installation, testing & tuning, it isn't what I'd call a cheap proposition. Again, I do recommend it in general, but only if you do it right.

NB: Please consider posting any help requests in a new thread instead of asking me for help privately. About 99.9+% of the time, private help requests end up covering great information that could be very valuable to other forum members. If you have a good reason for needing the help request to be private, I'll consider it. If not, then why not give everyone else the opportunity to pitch in too, and/or learn from the information? Remember, there's no such thing as a dumb question. We're all here to help within this family of Supra owners.
pwpanas is offline   Reply With Quote