View Single Post
Old 03-05-2007, 04:10 PM   #15
f00g00
12psi boost

f00g00 is on a distinguished road

Try finding a wrecking yard in your area if the price from the dealer is too high, (which it probably will be) a self service yard is the best cause you can practice on that one before you thrash your own.
Power sterring pumps do not tolerate low fluid situations. I had my return line fixed at a hyd shop and the idiot that was doing the line told me to start it up and I heard a loud squeeling so I shut it off, the hoise happened right away. The dumbo forgot to put fluid in and the pump went in about 2 seconds.
My BMW is supposed to use a special CTF 7 hyd fluid but I also have the hyd suspension which is the same as the system as the power sterring and it also provides the power assist for the brakes. The fluid costs about 8 dollars a quart so I use 10W diesel which works great in the bimmer, and costs about 3.50 a gallon.
Don't fprget to check your hoses that go to the reservoir cause they are probably hard as a rock. As long as your repairing the system you might as well check the rest of it.
f00g00 is offline   Reply With Quote