View Single Post
Old 02-22-2007, 03:38 AM   #9
jfunez
12psi boost

jfunez is on a distinguished road

you may want to do a back pressure test on your cats, ...if you have any....!! on my case I did not have a code 52 since I had repaired that wiring problem when I installed the JDM engine. but I had shimmed the wastegate like you have done ,4 washers.., but every time that I would boost at or past 8 psi I would get this "lean gases smell "in the cabin and noticed that the supra would not increase speed as fast as it should... "Mustangs passed me for example" also there was a lot of lag on boost. This weekend I took it to the muffler shop and did what I"ve been wanting to do for a long time. I got the first cat removed. "the second one was allready removed" what I found out un-intentionally was that the cat was partially plugged and that the flex part of the downpipe had a long crack on it.

now the supra KICKS ASS and boosts a whole lot faster, the sound on the exhaust is great and throaty, get nice fireballs and backfires....er.. the good kind when down-shifting... top end response is way better and also low and top end acceleration.

I am a happy supra owner now and have discovered new abilities and posibilities for my supra.

moral of the story....cut the cats if posible, if not replace them with High flow ones.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	crack.jpg
Views:	473
Size:	76.0 KB
ID:	788   Click image for larger version

Name:	strut brace.jpg
Views:	730
Size:	179.7 KB
ID:	789   Click image for larger version

Name:	catalitic.jpg
Views:	454