View Single Post
Old 02-01-2007, 07:51 PM   #4
flight doc89
3" Exhaust

flight doc89 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupraDupra
I just bought an '88 N/A Supra with the intent of using it for autocross racing.It came to my attention that this car has the TEMS system.I was wondering what everyones general opinion of the TEMS was and what ,if any ,suspension combos would be good with it.I have also seen mixed reviews on the computer modual controllers.Are any of these actualy worth buying?Also ,are strut braces a must have for the punishment on a car during autocrossing? Thank you for any assitance ,and I look forward to being a part of the Supra family
i auto-x my 88 turbo. I have never noticed any handling difference on the different TEMS settings during the auto-x because it just stays at full stiff, so i cant really compare it to anything. the only time i ever noticed a difference was on a backwater highway, when i was coming to a turn at high speed, i could tap the brakes and it would go to stiff, and i DID feel the difference. you won't notice a real differnce unless you put some new struts in, though.
I don't have any strut tower braces, but the guys at the shop said that they haven't noticed any difference with theirs.

i highly recommend ST's sway bar set, but the rear bar has a tendency to rip off the stock sway bar mounts . BIC Performance sells adjustable endlinks and (very important) reinforcement tabs for the stock mounts.

I just ordered a set of endlinks from BIC, so i'll be able to review them later, and instead of buying the reinforcing tabs, i already have a Toe kit from A-1 that i'm gonna install, and it has beefed up tabs already. gonna put that on pretty soon, and i'll let you know how it performs

EDIT: btw, I just bought some teins, so i'm selling my eibach springs and my Tokico Illuminas soon if you're interested. email me at thefeydaikin@hotmail.com if you are. less than 5k miles on set, lots of those highway miles. they have not been autocrossed, so they are pretty much brand new.

Last edited by flight doc89; 02-01-2007 at 07:54 PM.
flight doc89 is offline   Reply With Quote