View Single Post
Old 02-01-2007, 06:57 AM   #21
Isphius
500whp yet?

Isphius is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHateHacks
Fuel cut is when the fuel pump can no longer flow enough fuel to supply what the injectors are demanding.
This is where you said the fuel pumps fails. Not fails at life, but fails its job. The fuel pump can flow more than enough for the stock injectors. The ECU causes fuel cut, its a safety feature. It doesnt "just happen"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHateHacks
First of all AFM's run on voltage not frequency, its not a motherboard cpu. Ever read live data from a scan tool?

Guess what happens when there is not enough fuel? Detonation. Air is plentyful, you will never run out of air on a motor. It's fuel you will run out of. Which causes the Air Fuel ratio to spike, causing detonation. All of this happens faster than you can blink your eye.

"And detonation happens because the inside of the motor is getting so hot when the piston is on the way up it detonates the fuel before the sparkplug does"

Nope, thats preignition. Detonation is an explosion inside the cylinder no matter what stroke the piston is on and it usually results in a hole in your cylinder block. I've seen it before.

"also not because of fuel"- No, its because of lack of fuel that the stock fuel pump can not deliver.

"It is not the fuel pump failing."

Never said that, please quote me where I stated that.
Turbo AFMs produce a frequency. Thats how the ECU knows how much air is going by. And detonation is when the air/fuel is ignited by a source other than the spark plug, Mr technical. And it does not blow a hole in your cylinder, it makes a knocking or pinging sound. ANd no, Im not denying that it can break your block, but it does not always happen. Preignition is when it just happens to ignite because it touches a hot piece of metal. Pre Ignition is a form of detonation. And there is no way the air/fuel can ignite other than the compression stroke, because all other times it isnt inside the cylinder. Please do not try to correct me because your ego is bruised, I only do it so people can read things and know what they are talking about. Im not interested in starting any flame wars or "who knows more" contests. I know what I am talking about, And if i dont, I keep my mouth shut. So you should do the same.