Thread: Heat??
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2007, 05:34 AM   #8
mrnickleye
1000whp postwhore

mrnickleye is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by burton51m
I have air in my cooling system. i can hear it. its just that when it gets burped it comes right back. (i burped it once and an auto shop got the air out also...both times it came back). i need to find out where the air is getting through. are there any common areas(hoses) for air to get in?

i think the thermostat is a toyota part B/C an auto shop put it in when they were workin on my car. do auto shops get factory parts?

i will try burping it, tomorrow
NO, repair shops use after-market parts on just about every job. We only use dealer parts when we can't find it any where else. Stant is the #1 thermostat maker in the world, and makes a 'regular' one, and a 'premium' one (cost 2x more).

Sounds to me like you NEED to go to a shop and have a 'block test' performed. The most likely (95%) place air is getting into the cooling system is from the beginnings of a BHG.
(been there, done that). I drove 3 months more (waited for warmer weather) after I confirmed mine.

A pinhole starts, then it allows combustion gasses (bubbly)to be pushed into the coolant. Usually the first sign is a gurgling sound in the heater, under the dash.