View Single Post
Old 01-19-2007, 04:03 PM   #26
89whitedevil
Intake

89whitedevil is on a distinguished road
Default re ply

Quote:
Originally Posted by grygst76
If the price is over 15K for you to get them, I would absolutely make sure you are getting running vehicles and have a market for them, before you end up with a bunch of cars you cant do anything with. Be careful what you buy from overseas, they have a lot of fees you have to pay too, shipping being the highest and the taxes they charge you, and the cost of conversion. I just spoke with my buddy who lives in Boston, it cost this guy 40K for the skyline to be here in new condition, then 18K to get it emissions legal, and converted to left hand drive, thats what, 58K for a 276 Horse skyline?? Not worth it.. I like them, but not that much... Good luck to you in this endeavor. many have tried, and few have succeeded in bringing Skylines to the USA and have a market for them as well.
well im planning on bringing them over in peices i have a connection in japan that will sell me the whole car and dissasemble it for me and ship it to me as salvage parts then i reassemble them to factory or better condition and re paper them its alot of work but i wont have to do all the conversions becuase we only have saftey inspections here no emmissins to pass....and it dont matter what side the steering wheel is on here either ....
oh and the cars i will bring over are running and complete and in great shape i helped the kids that braught over the other skylines drop the motor and trans in and get the cluthch working so i know its possible ....i have seen it
89whitedevil is offline   Reply With Quote