View Single Post
Old 01-18-2007, 05:22 AM   #1
hangsupra
12psi boost

hangsupra is on a distinguished road
Default heater problem..... cold like heck...

i got an '89 mkiii.
the other day i going to replace my valve gasket and other parts...

i try to testing the a/c and the heater and see if it work... if it doesnt work then i was thinking about take the a/c out and dont use it.

when i turn on the a/c the a/c work and its cold and i dont have problem with it... it woks like nornal car to me...

now here is my problem...
now i try to turn on the heater... i dont feel any air coming out of the vent.. well... i can feel little only when i put my hand close to the vent... the heat is going on for maybe at least two or three minutes and i still dont have any heat aka hot air coming too... and while i changing my cd (radio was on). i look my head up out side.. i see whole bunch of smoke coming from the hood... i check it.. i didnt find anything... the smoke is coming from behind the back of the engine... where the heater cored hosing is at... i dont see anything like antifreeze leak or water leak... but smoke is coming out somewhere right there.... while i put my hand on those smoke and smelling the moister that i got on my hand... i smelling something like antifreeze and oil... some thing like that....

so i not sure is it my heater cored is bad and clocking and i dont have any free flow or is it my blower... but i'm sure its not gonna be the blower... cause i got air when i turn on the a/c tho...

any suggestion will be great....
hangsupra is offline   Reply With Quote