View Single Post
Old 01-15-2007, 03:09 PM   #1
pwpanas
Supra Owner

pwpanas is on a distinguished road
Default Want to learn about the Mkiv Supra?

An excellent starting point is http://www.mkiv.com . I'd suggest you pay special attention to the FAQ and Tech Articles sections. There's also a semi-hidden "tmp" area with a few goodies not linked to anywhere else.

Toyota has also published a great information source for the Mkiv Supra called the NCF (new car features). The '93 NCF for the Mkiv Supra is a picture-and-text description of the features in plain English. An online copy exists here, but I'd encourage you to get your own copy from Toyota (part number 00400-NC096) if you're serious about learning the details of the Mkiv. The NCF very well-written, and really does makes for great bedtime or travel reading!

Another great information source (especially for turbo details) is:
http://www.moreboost.org/
...note that this site isn't up 100% of the time, but when it is up the information there is unique and extremely valuable. In other words, don't get discouraged if the link doesn't work when you click it...just plan on coming back to it at another time.

Lastly, take a look at this pretty cool (imho) site featuring a list of very high horsepower Supras at T04R.com. You'll find configuration details about street-driven, high-horsepower Mkiv Supras.

If you don't find what you're looking for at those sites, or the 'stickied' threads on this forum, please feel free to post any question on this forum (in a new thread), and I'll do my best to get you an answer.

All members: Please feel free to add to this thread with any great links to other information sources for the Mkiv Supra (except for other 'forums', since we know this is the forum that folks should be coming to! )...

NB: Please consider posting any help requests in a new thread instead of asking me for help privately. About 99.9+% of the time, private help requests end up covering great information that could be very valuable to other forum members. If you have a good reason for needing the help request to be private, I'll consider it. If not, then why not give everyone else the opportunity to pitch in too, and/or learn from the information? Remember, there's no such thing as a dumb question. We're all here to help within this family of Supra owners.

Last edited by pwpanas; 02-11-2007 at 04:03 PM.