View Single Post
Old 01-14-2007, 02:18 AM   #60
IHateHacks
20psi boost

IHateHacks is on a distinguished road

Marc-

Felpro MLS head gasket kit: $225 (Which included a multi layer steel head gasket, intake manifold gasket, intake chamber gasket, exhaust manifold gasket, turbo to exhaust manifold gasket, turbo to O2 housing gasket, O2 housing to downpipe gasket, turbo water line gasket, water outlet housing gasket, EGR cooler gasket, EGR valve to intake manifold gasket, EGR valve to intake chamber gasket, cam position sensor O-ring, thermostat gasket, fuel injector O-rings, valve cover gaskets, valve cover grommets, and ISC valve gasket)
Machine work: $200 (Including having them weld and tap new threads for my exhaust manifold studs)
ARP head bolt kit: $109 (shipped)
The following parts were bought from a Toyota dealer-
Timing belt: $38.37
Timing belt tensioner: $136.28
Timing belt tensioner spring: $6.51
Fuel injector insulators: $19.32 (rubber part that goes from the injector to the head)
Fuel injector grommets: $19.32 (rubber part that goes from the injector to the fuel rail, the little O-rings came with the head gasket kit)
Turbo oil line feed, fuel rail feed, and cold start injector to fuel rail sealing washers: $5.58 (6 in all, they are all the same part #)
Turbo oil pipe to block gasket: $3.18
Turbo oil pipe to turbo gasket: $2.74
Heater union sealing washers: $3.52
Water by pass pipe to water outlet housing hose: $18.32 (I had to cut mine off, you may not need this part)
Water by pass pipe to heater union hose: $19.74 (same deal, you may not need this part but its always good to install new ones while you are doing it)
Cold start injector to intake manifold gasket: $2.87
Cold start injector to fuel line sealing washers: $2.22
Auxiliary air pipe to vacuum transmiting pipe vacuum hose: $10.80 (mine split when I pulled it off, you may not need this part)
ISC to intake manifold coolant hose: $23.27 (I replaced this part because the only time you can get at the hose is with the intake manifold apart)
Throttle body to water by pass pipe coolant hose: $19.91 (same deal)
Heater core inlet hose: $43.46 (might as well replace these with the head off)
Heater core outlet hose: $32.75

I get a 20% discount from my Toyota dealer so my grand total is $825.76. Minus the $200 for the machine work and you are looking at $625 and that's with my 20% off and IF you buy the exact head gasket kit that I bought. There are many out there for cheaper as well as metal head gaskets which cost $200-300 themselves. You are probably looking at around 700-800 dollars if you do the exact same thing I did.

I will check that option out Bill UK, thanks!

Last edited by IHateHacks; 01-14-2007 at 02:27 AM.
IHateHacks is offline   Reply With Quote