Thread: drifting
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2007, 01:22 AM   #6
drifterkid240
Stock

drifterkid240 is on a distinguished road

if you dont have a diff... get one, i remember learning on a bone stock car and it sucked until i got a diff and some coilovers so i would say start with that and get used to drifting before getting into the high speed stuff like 70mph+ into a corner

and i dont know if you know how but form the sounds of it you are prolly just starting out.
helping hint to get better fasted than i.

step 1, get a cone and a wide open parking lot and start off doing 180's around the cone, for this to work you will want to pull the e-brake and turn the car. work on going left and right with the 180's

step 2, when you have mastered the 180 you go to 2 cones and do a figure 8 and once you get down the weight transfering form side to side and your not using the e-brake to turn the car around the cone and your just using the clutch and gas to turn the car you can now move on to the street, opps wait, wait, did i say street??? i meant track yes find your local speedway and see if and when they will be having a drift day and have fun.

P.S. get an extra set of tires i for some odd reason cant stop going through tires and i have an extra set of tires???? wonder why????
drifterkid240 is offline   Reply With Quote