View Single Post
Old 01-08-2007, 12:18 PM   #12
Spudboy
3" Exhaust

Spudboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey
NADA and KBB are much more nationally known and much more highly credited than egay, your local newspaper, and autotrader. I don't trust ebay for accurate resale figures, because it's a bidding site. Your local paper doesn't have accurate resale info because it's used for advertising, not quoting accurate prices, and autotrader is just that. It's for advertising a massive listing of autos for sale or trade. It's not accurate. Again, i reiterate. NADA and KBB are the nation standard for accurate care resale values. Apparantely you've never really used an Nada or KBB book or been to either of their sites, before. Thank you, drive through.
The problem with NADA and KBB when dealing with cars almost 20 years old like some of ours, is their prices are being established using formulas and statisitics based on questions asked by stiffs at insurance companies and banks. We are getting into a grey area when pricing 'classic' and 'collectable' cars like these MKIII"S are (hopefully) becoming. I feel we are at that threshold and pricing our MKIII's is no longer as cut and dry as NADA or KBB.

We, as owners, have the potential NOW to start establishing the true values. It seems like a buyers market for sure if MysticKnight let his pretty clean ride go for only 2k. The fact is, we all know they're worth more so ignore NADA and KBB and let us current owners decide what they're worth.
Spudboy is offline   Reply With Quote