View Single Post
Old 01-03-2007, 01:02 PM   #16
rnoswal
Lexus & 550's

rnoswal is on a distinguished road

OK, I guess this question has already been answered, but I missed it somewhere. The mods listed below the question, are they your car or your girlfriends? If it is for the girlfriends car then the Clutch masters FX300 is a waste of money because that is a replacement for a MANUAL transmission.

If it is indeed an automatic transmission then either the filter is clogged, the torque converter is bad or the fluid level is way low or non existent. If the second is the problem then the trans has to come out and if it is out then you might as well ahve a shop look at it. If the first and third is bad then fix those and see what happens.

The last thing I can think of is that the linkage is not hooked up and the trans is not being moved into any gears at all and that means crawling under the car to check that part. If you decide to change to a manual tranny, it is possible, I have done it, but you run into some issues in the change that can be annoying. Like the cruise control won't work and the O/D light stays on all the time.

Russ
rnoswal is offline   Reply With Quote