Thread: Squeeky Brakes?
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2006, 02:24 PM   #4
pwpanas
Supra Owner

pwpanas is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpalmer21
...The metal matrix pads would be ok with stock rotors, no?...
"Ok" yes, but do you want braking performance that is only "ok"? If you don't want to use stock pads, then your next step up is Hawk HPS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpalmer21
...I do really think that drilled rotors would look best, because of my spoke pattern, but not good enough for the cost of the rotors...
Sure they'd look cool, but cross-drilled rotors aren't the best choice for braking power or longevity imo. Cross drilled rotors provide less surface area for braking, so performance is worse. Ime, they also tend to crack and warp more quickly when used with relatively powerful calipers (like the Mkiv Supra's).

NB: Please consider posting any help requests in a new thread instead of asking me for help privately. About 99.9+% of the time, private help requests end up covering great information that could be very valuable to other forum members. If you have a good reason for needing the help request to be private, I'll consider it. If not, then why not give everyone else the opportunity to pitch in too, and/or learn from the information? Remember, there's no such thing as a dumb question. We're all here to help within this family of Supra owners.

Last edited by pwpanas; 12-27-2006 at 02:26 PM.
pwpanas is offline   Reply With Quote