View Single Post
Old 12-25-2006, 10:11 PM   #2
IHateHacks
20psi boost

IHateHacks is on a distinguished road

I need a little help. I have every single sensor connector disconnected except one. It is the one that goes to the top of the R154 trans. There is no way a I can get to it. Its a 2 wire connector and its white. I think the wires are yellow and red, but I can't remember. It's not the speed sensor. I think it is the backup light switch. How do I disconnect it? Drop the trans? Anyone ever have this problem when doing a head gasket on a manual turbo car?

Also I ran into a problem with the crank pulley. I already took the starter out so I can't do the starter method (even though I can technically put it back in for this reason). Already tried my 1/2" impact gun, no luck. Getting a friend to bring home from work a snap-on impact gun tomarrow and will try again. TSRM says its torqued to 195 ft-lbs, and the only way to torque the bolt by hand is with the 2 SST's they list. I dont even own a torque wrench that goes up that high so buying the tools without the proper torque wrench is useless. I just would like to know what all the people here do when they install their crank pulley. Do you use the SST's and a 200+ftlbs torque wrench or impact gun?
IHateHacks is offline   Reply With Quote