Thread: r154?
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2006, 03:49 PM   #2
mattfurlani
3" Exhaust

mattfurlani is on a distinguished road
Arrow ok

So the R154 does bolt up to the motor with stock postitions... the starter motors' gotta come out and that 's a bitch either way. I'm pretty sure you'll need a new flywheel although i'm not 100% Its just a rumor...

Now for some unappreciated 2 cents:
I don't know if you'll be really needing the R154 because unless your running some serious horses its not like you'll need the quicker throws.... your better off spending your money on the suspension and other stuff upgrades because HP is not all that makes or brakes a car.

I have a 86.5 and its got junk for HP but i can blow away a quicker car because i'm running 225 tires and i have strut bars and the supra has good suspension to begin with (TEMS? I don't get it). That combined with my rwdness provides much better handling than any prelude, civic, Passit, or Chevy cobalt "ss" with its "need for speed underground 2"ness

I would recommend getting an LSD before any tranny upgrade... flush all of your fluids (lord knows the last time mine was changed) get new brake pads if'n ya need to, just stuff that probably nobody else would think of is what's going to make you better than the next guy...
mattfurlani is offline   Reply With Quote