View Single Post
Old 12-18-2006, 03:32 PM   #16
mattfurlani
3" Exhaust

mattfurlani is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down Don't do what I did

make sure you don't buy it from a mexican, or if it says "type-r" on the back or something :-p

jk

seriously don't get one with shitty lower control arm bushings or worn out hub bearings... my suspension is toastie and so will my slife savings in a bit. I butn through tires like its going out of style..... its been 4 months and i need brand new ones... granted the old ones were just that.,... old, but they had more than an 1/8th tread left and now they're worn down to the fucking plies...

bad day knopw what i mean? tire blow out on the high way or while your showin off to your girl/boy could cost you more than a bad day...

Make sure the damn STARTER doesn't have that mystery "mid 80's curse"

almost every other day my car doesn't start right... the fucking battery is having problems with getting power to the starter... dirfty plugs are commonly over looked though... along with incorrect power and grounding cables... these things do get replaced with improper methods...

Thus the first sentance... nobody get offended ok? Its just a joke

I'd say above all else be realistic about what you can fix and what your going to have to pay to get done... you can buy the biggest peice in the world like i did but i'm going to school to become a mechanic and i want to restore old imported vehicles so its kinda what I enjoy dooing....

Oh make sure there are real gaskets.... don't take the "RTV" and the "Silicone caulking" route... more cars leak that way....

And listen to these other guys... especially the dude with the white car he really know's what he's talking about
mattfurlani is offline   Reply With Quote